In this episode of Healthytarian Living, host Evita Ochel shares a tutorial for understanding cacao and chocolate, in order to use it and eat it in the healthiest of ways.
NOTE: Most of the images featured in the video have recipes that can be found on EvolvingWellness.com and Healthytarian.com here.
Video tutorial chapters:
- Intro (0:00)
- Cacao Basics (1:42)
- Raw Cacao Nutrition (2:56)
- Raw Cacao Health Benefits (5:27)
- Problems with Common Chocolate (7:58)
- What Cacao to Buy (11:48)
- How to Use Raw Cacao (12:36)
- Making Homemade Chocolate (14:58)
References & Further Reading
- Dark Chocolate Put to the Test for Peripheral Artery Disease
- Study clarifies the role of cocoa bean handling on flavanol levels
- Impact of Alkalization on the Antioxidant and Flavanol Content of Commercial Cocoa Powders
- Impact of fermentation, drying, roasting, and Dutch processing on epicatechin and catechin content of cacao beans and cocoa ingredients.
- Impact of alkalization on the antioxidant and flavanol content of commercial cocoa powders.
- Flavor Chemistry of Cocoa and Cocoa Products—An Overview
- Chocolate does not contain Caffeine
- Cacao vs. Cocoa: What’s the Difference?
- Processing Cocoa Steps
- Cacao Bean Nutrition
- Chocolate and Health: Chemistry, Nutrition, and Therapy
Questions, Feedback, Comments
To share any questions, feedback, or comments, please visit this video page on YouTube.