The 8 Limbs of Yoga is a course designed and delivered by Evita Ochel to help those interested in yoga, whether for improved physical health, mental health, or spiritual wellbeing to know yoga in its full spectrum. Beyond just the physical practice, you will explore yoga’s entire foundation to gain the most benefits of this ancient practice in your modern life today.
The objective of the course is to help you understand yoga from a broader, holistic, and comprehensive perspective that takes into account its original meaning, purpose, and benefits.
- 10 lessons
- 2 hours of educational video content
- 43 quick, interactive exercises to help you practice what you learn
- Each lesson includes reflection questions and contemplation exercises to help you integrate and put into practice what you learn in each section
- downloadable resource material that can be printed, to be a practical tool that can be used at your convenience
- Lesson 1: What are the 8 Limbs of Yoga?
- Lesson 2: Yama
- Lesson 3: Niyama
- Lesson 4: Asana
- Lesson 5: Pranayama
- Lesson 6: Pratyahara
- Lesson 7: Dharana
- Lesson 8: Dhyana
- Lesson 9: Samadhi
- Lesson 10: Living the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- you will learn what the 8 limbs of yoga are—their meaning and significance
- you will learn how to practice, apply, and live the 8 limbs of yoga in your everyday life
- you will learn about the variety of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual benefits of each of the 8 limbs of yoga for better health, wellbeing, and inner peace
- you will propel your journey of personal growth and spiritual evolution forward
How to Register
This is an online video course that is available for you to do at any time, at your own pace, and from the comfort of your own environment. Students have lifetime access to the course, to review and repeat anytime they like.
The course is available on the international education platform Udemy.com and you can access the course by registering using the button below.
Feedback from Students
Wow! What an incredible journey this has been in getting to know and understand The 8 Limbs of Yoga. Without a doubt, Evita Ochel is the BEST teacher around and I have signed up for more of her courses. Since undertaking Evita’s course, Cook Real Food: How to Make Simple Plant-Based Meals, I naturally became interested in yoga again as a result. I had just bought Donna Farhi’s book, Yoga Mind Body & Spirit, and was amazed to see that it was listed as one of Evita’s book recommendations. Talk about synchronicity! I LOVE the 1-hour yoga class Evita included in this fabulous course. This course taught me that there is way more to yoga than just the postures. When I began doing yoga again, I had a deeper and much richer experience this time and began to feel the positive and holistic benefits of it. I felt a beautiful transformation taking place inside and was curious to know why and how yoga could do this, which led me to Evita’s course. Evita is a true powerhouse. Her knowledge and teachings are truly mind-blowing. She clearly pours her heart and soul into her teachings. I am proud to be an online student of her work. Thank you, Evita, for being your incredible and inspiring self. Love & Blessings to you, Joanne
Joanne Rose ~ Maui Wellness Coach