Healthytarian Minutes with holistic teacher Evita Ochel. This episode explores the negative effects of stress on our health and wellbeing.
To learn effective stress solutions and relieve your stress and anxiety, take the MAP Yoga Path online video course.
Any stress that becomes frequent or chronic disrupts the body’s natural balance and optimal function. This leads to all sorts of effects, symptoms and conditions, which eventually turn into states of disease.
Some of the most common negative effects of stress on the body include:
- low energy and fatigue
- high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- trembling and heart palpitations
- headaches, body aches and muscle tension
- insomnia and poor sleep quality
- poor digestion, bloating, constipation and diarrhea
- frequent infections
- hormonal imbalances and loss of sex drive
- weight gain, difficulty losing weight, or unexplained weight loss
There are also many psychological effects that result from stress including:
- increased irritability, restlessness and anxiety
- decreased focus and concentration
- emotional imbalance and outbursts
- indecisiveness or impulsiveness
- apathy, cynicism and depression
The good news is that you can make changes to minimize or even avoid the negative impact of stress. If any of these effects become a regular occurrence for you, it is time to address the stressors in your life and make some effective changes in your lifestyle to reduce your stress and improve your wellbeing.
Comments, Questions & Feedback
To share any comments, questions or feedback, please visit the video page on YouTube.