Healthytarian Minutes with holistic teacher Evita Ochel. This episode explains common causes of workplace stress to be aware of and deal with effectively to avoid burnout, stress and health problems.
Learn effective stress solutions to relieve your stress and anxiety with the MAP Yoga Path online video program.
Although your workplace should be a safe, creative and enjoyable environment, it has the potential to harbor various stressors that can negatively impact your wellbeing.
Examples of factors that may cause workplace stress include:
- Taking on too many tasks at once.
- Committing to unrealistic deadlines.
- Not saying “no” to personal or professional requests that are not right for you.
- Being silenced or prohibited from sharing your thoughts or feelings.
- Drinking multiple cups of coffee.
- Eating lots of sugary snacks or junk food.
- Encounters with difficult colleagues.
- Gossiping, bullying or any kind of harassment.
- A work environment that is too hot or too cold.
- Artificial fragrances or chemical scents.
- Lack of movement or fresh air.
Each of these create stress for your physical, mental and/or emotional health and can deplete your energy. The more mindful you are of your work environment and able to identify stressful situations, the more empowered you will be to take effective action and not allow the stress to consume you.
Comments, Questions & Feedback
To share any comments, questions or feedback, please visit the video’s YouTube page.