Cook Real Food is a course designed and delivered by Evita Ochel to teach you how to work with common whole plant foods and make quick, easy, delicious, and healthy meals with them. Instead of focusing on recipes, which can be limiting in many ways, you will be guided with meal templates to create an infinite number of meal and flavor combinations, no matter what your personal limitations may be. Cook Real Food will take you on a journey of self-empowerment to build your confidence, comfort, and creativity to work with whole plant foods in your kitchen.
When you make the choice to eat and cook real food that is most optimal for the human body, as whole plant foods are, you are making the choice to take responsibility for your wellbeing and positively contribute to our entire Earth. When you make the choice to create homemade meals from whole plant foods you are making the choice to avoid the health dangers of processed and convenience foods and their many harmful ingredients and cooking methods. Cooking your own food also helps you save money, bring more balance into your life, and build stronger bonds with family members whom you share your meals with.
You will learn how to:
- Feed yourself in a way that is easy, doable, economical, and sustainable.
- Feed yourself in a way that nourishes and heals your body from the inside out.
- Feed yourself in a quick way, where the average meal takes 15 minutes.
- Work with common, fresh, whole plant food ingredients that you can get from your local grocery store.
- Cook various starchy and non-starchy vegetables, grains, legumes, and mushrooms.
- Incorporate fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices into meals in easy and healthy ways.
- Create simple, yet delicious and satisfying, meals and treats.
- Approach plant-based, vegan cooking in a positive way based on mindfulness and gratitude.
Cook Real Food is a practical course with a holistic foundation. The course features 12 sections that provide over 60 lessons, along with practice activities in the form of worksheets and quizzes, and a course assignment to help you apply what you learned. All lessons include either summary sheets, worksheets, or recipes that you can download and print for quick reference and use. You will benefit from over 6 hours of content and a set of skills for life.
You will gain skills to know how to:
- Obtain, select, and store whole plant foods.
- Set up and stock your kitchen for healthy plant-based cooking and eating.
- Cook foods in the least nutritionally-destructive manner.
- Not rely on any animal foods, oils, or high-heat cooking methods.
- Adapt your plant-based meals for special needs like gluten-free and nut-free diets.
- Flavor your plant-based meals in satisfying ways.
- Fix problem plant-based meals and avoid food waste.
This is an online video course that is available for you to take anytime, and at your own pace. You can enjoy this from the comfort of your own home or even indulge in learning while on vacation. Students have lifetime access to the course, to review and repeat anytime they like.
You can take the course on the leading online education platform Udemy.com using the button below.