Healthytarian Minutes with holistic teacher Evita Ochel. This episode shares 10 factors that can prevent the highest or fullest expression of our health and wellbeing, beyond healthy lifestyle habits.
For more guidance on healthy living, take Evita’s online video course: The 5 Pillars of Optimal Health.
If you want to experience the highest potential, when it comes to your physical and psychological health, so that you are thriving and not just surviving, it is essential to engage in smart and healthy lifestyle habits, like eating a whole-food, plant-based diet, sleeping enough, moving enough, dealing with your stress effectively and having meaningful relationships.
However, given the numerous physical, chemical, environmental and social stressors that have become a part of our modern-day life, there are certain factors that can prevent us from experiencing optimal health, beyond our best efforts.
- Living in close proximity to chemical output, such as farms that use pesticides or process animal wastes and factories that process or burn any synthetic materials.
- Living in close proximity to high electrical output, such as transmission towers.
- Living in close proximity to radiological output, such as nuclear plants, or experiencing frequent medical procedures based on radiation.
- Working in environments that produce and/or emit concentrated chemical odors, synthetic products or toxic substances.
- Working night shifts and/or prolonged hours.
- Having dental procedures, like root canals or mercury fillings.
- Using any drugs, including pharmaceuticals, vaccines, alcohol, and any other legal or illegal substances.
- Ingesting genetically modified foods or drinks.
- Using toxic personal care products, including anti-perspirants, lotions, perfumes, synthetic sunscreen and insect repellents.
- Living with unprocessed or chronic mental or emotional trauma.
Minimizing, avoiding or removing as many of these stressors from your life as possible, will help to decrease any potential damage from them, while further enhancing your health. If these have been part of your life in the past or will continue, it is that much more important to prioritize optimally healthy lifestyle habits, which will offer the best protection and healing from them.
Comments, Questions & Feedback
To share any comments, questions or feedback, please visit the video’s YouTube page.